- About Us
- Programs & Resources
- Ministry & Personnel
- Property & Finance
- Contact Us
BC Conference Stewardship Team
We believe in the importance of Stewardship and that stewardship must be fun.
Our mandate is to promote Stewardship of God’s Gifts and Mission & Service of the United Church. We do this by promoting two-way communication, connecting with Presbyteries and Congregations, and providing educational activities on Stewardship.
This team reports to the Finance Council and consists of the following members:
Jane Harding (chair)
Nellie Tang (staff support)
Jennifer Eastwood (staff support)
Ruth Stebbing (Stewardship Resource Coordinator)
Lee Mason (not in picture)
- Money and More Workshops: Covers issues of money, narrative budgeting, roles and responsibilities of Treasurers and Trustees, how to promote good stewardship within a congregation, etc.
- Education Events: Our first was Holy Currencies with Eric Law during the 2014 BC Conference.
- M&S Cabaret: A new venture in 2013, we held “Shirley Goodness and Friends”, a successful and entertaining cabaret to raise money for the M&S Fund. The 2014 cabaret will be held October 10, 2014. More details here.
- M&S Enthusiasts: Rebuilding our network at the congregational level to share helpful and useful information.
- CN Stewardship Event: Work with Comox-Nanaimo Presbytery to help with their Stewardship event.
- Tracking of M&S Givings: To help identify trends and celebrate faithful giving on a congregational level.
If you have any questions or wish to contact the team, please contact jharding [at] united-church [dot] ca (subject: Stewardship%20inquiry) (Jane Harding) or r [dot] stebbing [at] telus [dot] net (subject: Stewardship%20inquiry) (Ruth Stebbing)