Ministry and Personnel: What Type of Leadership Does the Church Need?
Vision of BC Conference Executive
The church longs for leadership that passionately proclaims the gospel and so we seek:
- leadership that it is rooted in the biblical narrative;
- leadership that is being transformed / converted by the good news;
- leadership that is in service to Jesus Christ;
- leadership that dares to risk speaking the truth in love;
- leadership whose way of life exhibits congruence (that practices what it preaches);
- leadership with evident spiritual gifts (teaching / preaching /healing).
This kind of leadership:
- leads people into life within the biblical story;
- leads the community in its covenanted relationship with God;
- leads by building up the community / Body of Christ / church / people of God;
- leads in ways appropriate to the cultural context.