Finances for Healthy Congregations
Welcome to the Finance Hub of British Columbia Conference. Here you will find: Funds administered by BC Conference Grants Committee, Other sources of Funding, Other Finance Information.
The following funds are administered by the BC Conference Grants Committee:
The Imagine Fund
The Imagine Fund exists to assist individuals to apply for grants to attend Educational Events related to Faith and Leadership Development. Grants are given to those Youth and Young Adults most in need who may not be able to participate in events unless they receive this grant. The Grants committee will consider the question: how will this experience enhance the ministry by and for Youth and Young Adults and encourage their involvement in the life of the United Church of Canada. Proposals must clearly address the goals of the British Columbia Conference of healthy congregations, effective leadership and faithful public witness. The Imagine Fund is available for Youth and Young Adults aged 13-25.
Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders
The Congregational Learning Fund for Leaders exists to support leadership development events (courses and workshops) for lay leaders and ministry personnel. These events will focus on the goals of the British Columbia Conference of healthy congregations, effective leadership and faithful public witness. Events that meet the established criteria are eligible for grants.
The ProVision funds have been established by BC Conference to benefit Presbyteries that have sold properties. Each Presbytery determines their own criteria for distribution of these funds. Currently these are the ProVision Funds:
- ProVision Fund: BC Conference
- ProVision Fund of Vancouver-Burrard Presybtery
- ProVision Fund of Westminster Presbytery
- ProVision Fund of Comox-Nanaimo Presbytery
- ProVision Fund of Fraser Presbytery
- ProVision Fund of Victoria Presbytery
Note: ProVision Committees meet three times per year to consider applications. The deadlines to submit applications are February 1st, May 1st, and October 1st. Please ensure your application has been received by the Conference Office by this date.
Mission Support Grants (contact your Presbytery Home Missions Convenor)
National Church Loans and Grants that include the following:
- Capital Assistance Programmes call the Conference Office (604) 431-0434 or 1-800-934-0434
- Flexible Initiative Grants provide seed money to United Church theological schools or programs for new initiatives.
- Technology Grants for United Church pastoral charges and outreach ministries.
- Vision Fund supports innovative, creative, and new congregational Youth and Young Adult ministry in The United Church of Canada.
- Watkins Fund for Senior Adults.
Other Finance Information